Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
As Group Controller you will work at the company headquarters in Amsterdam. For this function the aim is to recruit a highly ambitious individual who is capable to support the group through taking ownership of local planning & control cyclus and consolidated reporting whilst taking a significant role in the development of internal processes within the group finance organization.
The Group Controller will report to the CFO. You will coach the internal accountants and work along with the IT professionals.
As Group Controller, you are responsible for providing analysis, insights and clarification on the financial performance of the organization on different levels (management, country directors, end users and control). All on a continuous basis.
In close cooperation with the group management, you will determine and agree priorities for business performance and put financial analysis in the context of approved budgets, targets and KPIs.
The ideal candidate has about 8 – 12 years of working experience in a relevant industry sector or financial (accounting) analysis background with the ambition to make a career in finance.
You are a strong team player, a hands on mentality and proven analytical skills. Practical on the short term and foreseeing on the long term.
You will walk the extra mile to reach the next step in a project, ad hoc analysis and reach deadlines.
Data-analysis and with that Excel (pivot tables) and Powerbi have no secrets for you. You are familiar with continuous reporting. Hard and soft closings are a standard.
How we see you
As a group controller you like to ensure availability of high quality and transparent management accounting and timely and consistent consolidated reporting;
- Prepare periodic management reports for the board with analysis on management and country level. Perform ad hoc reporting as needed;
- Prepare periodic and continuous insight in company specific financial information for end users;
- Generate detailed monthly financial analysis for control purposes;
- Determine key functionalities within the accounting software and report on the coordination of the Group budgeting and Strategic Planning process;
- Develop and coach the controllers and internal accountants on financial analysis;
- Work closely with local directors, compliance, account managers and external parties to add value and seek for continues improvements.
What we like
We attach great value to the competences of our employees. We expect you are familiar with priorities and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise. A constant focus on integrity and customer focus is part of everything we do.
The successful candidate is likely to fulfill most of the following job requirements:
5 till 12 years of working experience in a relevant industry sector (services) with ambition to make a career in finance;
Self-starter who is passionate about his/her work and has a ‘can do’ mentality;
Continuous drive to improve processes, reporting & management information and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
Hands-on, able to work independently and high accuracy of work is a must;
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and result driven attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of Exact Online and Caseware is preferred.
- Knowledge of Dutch Gaap is preferred.
What we offer
The company is a dynamic, international organization. We attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer. As a financial specialist you have the chance to work strongly together with other disciplines as lawyers, compliance offers, business developers, but also within the finance department you will experience a team of internal and external accountants work strongly together. A steep learning curve.
Location: Amsterdam, Zuidas, The Netherlands
For more information, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com